Thursday, October 25, 2007

When I'm 64?

"When I get older, losing my hair ... when I'm 64?"
From "When I'm 64" by John Lennon/Paul McCartney, The Beatles
Click here for Complete Lyrics.

Well, I'm a lot closer to 64 than I was when The Beatles first sang it.

And, my younger son has moved the grandchildren too far away (California) for them to be "on [my] knee" very often. Now, I have to book a flight and travel to see them! At least when I'm 64+1, I'll be able to click on the Senior rates and save some money!

I'm not "losing my hair," but I am watching my cholesterol. See my Blog Natural Remedies and Foods.

Would you like to see the kind of food I grew up on? I found these pics on Mouthfuls.com, posted by Melonius Thunk, but I am [was], indeed, a Katz's Delicatessen customer and I have the emotional scars to prove it (from Katz's waiters' insults - a/k/a "ambiance").

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Katz's is still there at 205 E. Houston (pronounced House-ton) St., New York, NY, and they probably still have the same salami hanging from the ceiling they did when I was 10 years old. The sign attached to it said, "Send a Salami to Your Boy in the Army" (Looks like they still print this suggestion on their place mats - see pic of Pastrami on Rye.) Cholesterol never tasted so good! Oh, well...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: